Time Zone: PACIFIC Time
Take the first step toward becoming an AS9100 Authenticated Auditor. Become familiar with the new requirements of AS9100D and the differences between AS9100 Rev D and AS9100 Rev C.
Start Date - July 5, 2022
End Date - July 7, 2022
- Start Time - 8:00 AM
- Timezone - Pacific Time
This 3-day hands-on course is intended for individuals who want to develop their skills to support their organization’s AS9100 systems through internal audits. It is based on the current Aviation, Space and Defense requirements of AS9100 Rev D and AS9101 Rev F. Workshop and case study activity will focus on the auditing techniques as referenced by ISO 19011:2011 and AS9101F.
This highly participative course provides comprehensive instruction on auditing aerospace quality management systems (AQMS) and follows the basic process of an internal audit of an aerospace manufacturing facility, from audit preparation and completion through the corrective action process.
A fourth day audit lab is recommended to apply learned theories to a practical environment (on-site sessions only).
Upon successful completion of this course:
- Participants will be provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to plan, conduct, report on, and lead internal audits of Aerospace Quality Management Systems (AQMS) with a focus on AS9100D
- Have an understanding of the planning requirements for the preparation and execution of the audit process in line with AS9101 Rev F
- Evaluate the impact of audit findings on the organization’s customers, products and services
- Use the internal audit program as a continual improvement tool
- Be equipped with the necessary skills and techniques to become competent auditors
- Internal audit program managers
- Quality professionals
- Management representatives
- Line managers
- Anyone who will perform internal audits
- Companies seeking AS9100 certification
- Companies that recognize the value of operating a controlled quality management system
This course covers the following content:
- Detailed discussion of AS9100D and the objective evidence needed to show conformity to the requirements
- Identifying key activities for performing a successful audit
- Planning aerospace internal audits
- Developing effective auditing techniques
- Developing and practicing skills to accomplish process audits
- Ensuring that internal audits are a value added activity
- Evaluating the significance of audit findings
- Improving communication skills for the presentation of audit findings
- Reporting the findings and evaluations
- Developing and implementing corrective action programs
- Understanding audit guidance provided by AS9101F
The course contains the following sessions:
- Quality Management Systems
- AS9100 Requirements
- Documented Information
- Auditing Management Systems
- Auditor Competence
- Performing the Audit: Part 1 – Planning
- Performing the Audit: Part 2 – Conducting the Audit Activities
- Performing the Audit: Part 3 – Concluding the Audit
- Internal Auditing for Improvement
On completion all students will receive a Certificate of Attendance
To gain maximum benefit from this course, attendees should already be familiar with the AS9100 Rev C. standard.
- A laptop / desktop (min 4GB memory) with a webcam.
- Headset with microphone.
- A hard-wired broadband/ADSL Internet connection is strongly recommended.
- Minimum bandwidth: 4Mbps download & 2Mbps upload.
- Note: VPN connections should be disabled as they may interfere with Virtual Platform connectivity.
- Firewall requirements:
o TCP: 80, 443, 8801, 8802. UDP: 8801 & 8802
o Remote labs: 3389 TCP (RDP protocol).
Administrative permissions to install the Zoom plugin.