Companies, especially those operating in global markets, are facing a growing demand to balance the social, economic and environmental components of their businesses, while building shareholder value.
This course will provide you with an overview the core concepts of corporate social responsibility, human rights due diligence and understand the most significant national legal regulations which have global impact in driving corporate action in the supply chain.
At the end of this Course you will have an understanding of
- The evolution of the Corporate Social responsibility (CSR)
- The importance of CSR in the supply chain to brands and retailers
- Corporate Human Rights Due Diligence and how this has evolved into legal regulations
Introduction to social compliance and human right due diligence in the supply chain is divided into the following modules:
- Section 1 – Evolution of Corporate Social Responsibility which covers the history of corporate social responsibility and explains how it has evolved over time.
- Section 2 – Importance of Corporate Social Responsibility which explains why corporate social responsibility in the supply chain is important to brands and retailers and why companies are needing to verify the working conditions their goods have been produced.
- Section 3 – Corporate Human Rights Due Diligence which explains the terminology behind Human Rights Due Diligence and how this has evolved into various legal regulations affecting supply chains.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Participants who attend the course will be issued with a Statement of Attendance.
What accreditation or recognition does this course have?
This course is non-accredited.
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
As a non-accredited course this course has no assessment requirements. The course contains a short knowledge quiz designed to reinforce the key knowledge outcomes.
What other courses are relevant to this course?
If you are a supplier undergoing a Social Compliance Audit the course Introduction to Social Auditing Process will provide you with an overview of what to expect from that process
How do I access my certificate?
At the completion of your online course you can print off a certificate of completion.
What if I require assistance in completing this course? For example; Literacy, numeracy, physical, vision or hearing support
please contact customer support to discuss any concerns or support requirements you may have.
Who do I contact in case of any query regarding any of the courses?
For any course-related queries, please email customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-877-426-0714.
This course is designed for any member of an organization that would like to gain a better understanding of the importance of corporate social responsibility in supply chains and the evolution of social compliance from initial supplier codes of conduct to human rights due diligence and legal regulations.