Learn how to develop your FDA mandated Food Defense Plan.
On July 26th, 2016 the FDA as a part of FSMA put into law the fact that every food processor and distributor has to have a written Food Defense plan and that company management and supervisors need to be trained in Food Defense.
This course complies with FDA and GFSI (all schemes).
This course provides the training and necessary information to help you develop your Food Defense Plan by demonstrating how to conduct Vulnerability Assessments and how to apply appropriate mitigation strategies at actionable process steps in your operation as required by the FDA. We will walk you through scenarios designed to identify possible areas in your operation that could be vulnerable to deliberate product contamination by people from outside of your facility and/or by your own employees.
- Senior Management at your plant/distribution center
- Risk and Compliance Managers
- SQF Practitioners, SQF Auditors, SQF Consultants, Food Safety Auditors, Food Safety Consultants
- Business Owners, selected supervisory team members and specialists (HR, IT, security personnel, etc.) who work at your company and who wish to gain an insight into how to develop, write and implement this mandatory Food Defense system.
- This course does not have any pre-requisite units for entry.
- This course is intended for food industry management and supervisory personnel who will need to be trained in Food
Defense and in how to implement the required mitigation strategies.
- A good working knowledge of your operation and how you receive and ship products is beneficial but not imperative.
This course covers the following topics:
- FDA requirements for Food Defense under FSMA Sections 103 and 105 issued on July 26th, 2016.
- History of Food Tampering and Food Fraud.
- Conducting Vulnerability Assessments of your operations.
- Conducting Risk Assessments of these Vulnerable Points.
- Suggested Mitigation Strategies to apply at Actionable Process Steps to reduce the probability of your food products getting deliberately contaminated.
- Monitoring and Verification of your Food Defense Plan.
- Required Record keeping and assess of these records by the FDA.
Sorry, there are no Food Defense Plan Development and Implementation Training public training courses scheduled at this time. View more courses here, or contact us.