Get acquainted with the terminology of the internationally recognized ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Standard, which provides a foundation for your information security management system (ISMS).
Participants who attend the course will be issued with a Statement of Attendance.
This course will introduce you to the ISO/IEC 27001:2022 standard and outline the high level structure of ISO/IEC 27001:2022.
- Improve the integrity of the information within your organisation
- Learn the benefits of implementing an information security management system
- Build on your foundation knowledge to protect both your interests and those of your customers
This one-day foundation course provides an introduction to the ISO/IEC 27001:2022 standard and how it can be used to develop, implement, maintain and continually improve an information security management system. providing a sure foundation for your information security management system.
This course covers the following topics:
- Principles of Information Security and Information Security Management
- The ISO 27000 family of standards
- The structure of ISO/IEC 27001:2022 and its role in continual improvement of the organisation’s information security
- Key concepts and principles of ISO/IEC 27001:2022 including clauses, definitions and regulations
- Benefits of an information security management system
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the standard
- Select a risk methodology appropriate to their business
- Formulate a strategy for the creation of a certifiable ISMS within the organization.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Annex A of ISO 27001:2022 has been updated to reflect the changes in ISO 27002:2022.
What accreditation or recognition does this course have?
This course is non-accredited.
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
As a non-accredited course this course has no assessment requirements. The course contains a number of activities designed to reinforce the key skills and knowledge outcomes.
Which standard is relevant to this course?
What other courses are relevant to this course?
There are a range of other courses that are relevant to this course and standard. These include; Implementing an Information Security Management System and Auditing an Information Security Management System.
How do I access my certificate?
Your Statement of Attendance will be sent to you on completion of the course.
Who is the trainer for my course?
All of our trainers and assessors have extensive and current industry experience and qualifications and meet the national requirements for VET trainers.
What if I require assistance in completing this course? For example; Literacy, numeracy, physical, vision or hearing support
We are able to modify some course requirements – please contact customer support to discuss any concerns or support requirements you may have.
Who do I contact in case of any query regarding any of the courses?
For any course-related queries, please email customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-800-374-3818.
Anyone with an interest in, or currently in a role that interacts with private data should understand the principles of managing that data and keeping it secure.
Including but not limited to data protection and information security, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, IT services, human resources financial and accounting records.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information Security Manager
- Corporate governance managers
- Human resource managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Financial and Accounts managers
- Internal Legal teams
- Internal Auditors
- Private data and records administration teams