Dispel the mystery surrounding the terminology of the internationally recognized ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Standard, which provides a foundation for your information security management system.
Anyone with an interest in, or currently in a role that interacts with private data should understand the principles of managing that data and keeping it secure.
Including but not limited to data protection and information security, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, IT services, human resources financial and accounting records.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information Security Manager
- Corporate governance managers
- Human resource managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Financial and Accounts managers
- Internal Legal teams
- Internal Auditors
- Private data and records administration teams
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of information security
- Understand the inter-relationship of the standards in the ISO 27000 series of standards
- Understand the ISMS Process Model
- Identify the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and its key clauses
- Recognize and understand the link between risk and controls
- Gain an appreciation of ISMS implementation issues
This course covers the following topics:
- Principles of Information Security and Information Security Management
- The ISO 27000 family of standards
- The structure of ISO/IEC 27001 and its role in continuous of the organization’s security
- Key concepts and principles of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 including clauses, definitions and regulations
- Benefits of information security management systems
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to participants that successfully complete the course.
Sorry, there are no VILT ISO/IEC ISO 27001:2013 Foundation Course public training courses scheduled at this time. View more courses here, or contact us.