This course takes approximately 24 hours online with additional offline assessment activities
There are no entry requirements for this course. However it is assumed that participants have a good working knowledge of ISO 45001:2018 and are employed in a relevant OHS role and have access to an organization to conduct workplace-based assessment tasks in order to gain the nationally recognised units of competency. SAI Global has a number of non-accredited introductory ISO 45001 courses to assist participants to develop a fundamental skills and knowledge of ISO 45001:2018. It is recommended that this course is completed following completion of the:
- Online ISO 45001:2018 Foundation course
- Online Auditing an ISO 45001:2018 OHS Management System
This course is designed for people who need to conduct external audits of management systems.
- Individuals who want to become Exemplar Global certified
- Exemplar Global certified auditors or lead auditors in ISO 45001 standard
- Management Representatives, Engineers and Consultants.
- Individuals who want to become Internal Auditors or Third-Party Auditors
- Individuals who want to obtain a formal qualification
- Individuals leading their companies to ISO 45001 standard Certifications
By completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the application of ISO 45001 to an OHSMS.
- Understand and explain how the PDCA framework relates to the process approach promoted in ISO 45001.
- Prepare and plan to conduct an audit on an organizations OHS Management System.
- Systematically examine a OHS Management System against the audit criteria ISO 45001.
- Undertake audit activities including gathering objective evidence against ISO 45001.
- Audit and evaluate an organization’s OHS performance
- Learn and apply risk management techniques to identify OHS issues
- Write a report to senior management about the results of an audit with clear conclusions and findings statements
Important Note: consistent with the international standard ISO 45001:2018 this document refers to OH&S to describe occupational health and safety. This terminology is inclusive of the use of work health and safety (OHS) and/or occupational safety and health (OHS), as appropriate to the applicable region and/or jurisdiction where this course is being delivered. The use of OHS is used by accreditation and certification bodies when referring to units of competency.
Gain the necessary knowledge and skills for auditing management systems in accordance with the guidelines outlined in the ISO 45001:2018 Standard. This course focuses not only on the core auditing skills but also on communication and reporting skills which can help the Lead Auditor achieve success in the audit. This course uses a scenario-based approach to explain the complexities of a risk-based Work health & safety / Occupational health & Safety management systems audit.
The course will explain important concepts related to Health & Safety:
- Management Standards
- Legislation and Regulations
- Risk and Risk Management
- Performance Evaluation
Upon successful completion of the Online Knowledge Assessment and workplace Assessment Activities this course issues the below TPECS competency unit which is certified by Exemplar Global.
Certificate of Attainment
- Exemplar Global – AU – Management systems auditing
- Exemplar Global – TL – Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
- Exemplar Global OH 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Note: access to a workplace is required to complete the assessment.
If you would like to recognize skills and knowledge acquired through informal learning such as work or life experience, we can assess your skills and knowledge through Recognition of Prior Learning pathway. For more information contact the customer support team (877) 426-0714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org