The purpose of this course is to provide an in-depth review of the requirements of the ISO 45001:2018 Standard and how they are applied in the context of an audit. It also covers evaluating an organization’s arrangements for identifying hazards, assessing and controlling risks, and monitoring and improving the effectiveness of the management of OH&S.
Awareness of auditing compliance with applicable OH&S legislative requirements and/or industry specific certification or specification systems against agreed benchmarks is also included.
- This course can be taken individually or combined with the conducting and leading management system audits course, depending on individual objectives. The course uses a detailed case study to conduct the practical in-class activities
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course.
This course is designed for people who have managerial responsibilities for their organization’s OHS Management system and/or are responsible for managing, monitoring and auditing the performance of the system.
On successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of an OH&S system
- Understand the application of ISO 45001 to and OHSMS system
- Explain the purpose of the ISO 9000 Standards
- Understand and explain how the PDCA framework relates to the process approach promoted in ISO 45001
- Explain the concept and methodology associated with auditing management systems
- Understand how to conduct an audit of an OH&S management system against the requirements of the ISO 45001 standard, and
- Understand how to conduct a process-based audit of an OH&S management system
Participants who attend this course in its entirety will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Participants who successfully complete this course and all assessments associated with this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment from Exemplar Global.
SAI Global Assurance Learning is a certified training provider for the following Exemplar Global competency units:
- Exemplar Global OH 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems