SAI Global Assurance Learning is a certified training provider for the Exemplar Global – OH 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and Exemplar Global – AU – Management systems auditing.
The overall purpose of the course is to provide the necessary performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to conduct an internal OHSMS Performance Audit against management system audit processes detailed within ISO 19011:2018 and provide an overview of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System Standard ISO 45001:2018 which an organization can be audited against as an external benchmark.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course.
However participants are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Knowledge and skills for conducting internal or external audits
- Knowledge of management systems through the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
- Basic knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
- Basic knowledge of identification of risk and opportunities and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements.
- This course is ideal for those people responsible for conducting internal Occupational Health & Safety Management Performance Audits and evaluating an organization’s arrangements against their commitments.
- The course focuses on developing the knowledge and practical skills of participants who are responsible for internal auditing of the health and safety management system of their organization and/or need further specialized knowledge and skills in this area.
- This course is applicable to professionals who want to obtain a formal qualification relating to the Internal Audit (OHS) discipline or want to become a Certified Internal Auditor (OHS) through their relevant certifying body such as Exemplar Global or IRCA.
The duration of this course is 3 days, with the content based on the following course structure:
- Introduction: Overview of an Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Guidelines for Management Systems Auditing
- OH&S Legislation
- Auditing OHS Management System Performance
- Auditor Responsibilities
- Audit Planning
- Conducting the Audit
- Reporting Audit Outcomes and Follow-up
SAI Global is an Exemplar Global certified TPECS provider. This course meets the knowledge examination requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) certification scheme. Attendees who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment for the following knowledge competency units:
- Exemplar Global – OH 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Exemplar Global – AU – Management systems auditing