SAI Global Assurance Learning is a certified training provider for the Exemplar Global – EM – Environmental Management Systems competency unit.
Online learning differs in many ways to traditional classroom learning. Some major points of difference include:
- Anytime, anywhere, any place – Learning is convenient and can be delivered on-demand, when and where it is needed, both on-site and off-site
- Time reduction – Learning can be delivered as ‘just in time’ training, reducing the period between the learning and application of the knowledge or skills
- Cost effective – Your organization does not need to pay for travel, accommodation and for your time out of the office
- No-risk environment – Online learning environment allows you to safely master skills before applying them in actual situations
- Flexible access – Allows you to access and review the lessons you need at times convenient to you. Content can be revisited as often as you desire within the 12 month period
- Motivation – Interactive lessons and media elements, such as video, animation and sound, will get you involved more quickly and keep you motivated to continue
- Self paced – You are able to complete the course at your own speed. The course is designed to help facilitate you through the content, however there is no face to face facilitator and activities are designed to be for self-interaction rather than with other participants
This course aims to provide the skills and knowledge required to conduct an internal or external Environmental Management System (EMS) audit based on ISO 14001:2015 and report on the effective implementation and maintenance of the management system in accordance with ISO 19011:2018.
This course covers the following modules:
- Course Introduction
- Environmental Concepts and the EMS
- Auditing Environmental Management Systems
- Auditing an Environmental Management Systems – Plan
- Auditing an Environmental Management Systems- Do
- Auditing an Environmental Management Systems – Check
- Auditing an Environmental Management Systems – Act
- Creating an Audit Report
- Course Summary
- Knowledge Check
A strong working knowledge of and/or experience working with ISO 14001:2015 is recommended.
Participants who are not already experienced auditors or who have not completed a recognized auditor training program (as defined by ISO 19011:2018) may have difficulty completing the assessment requirements for this course.
On successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the application of ISO 14001 to an EMS
- Understand and explain how the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) framework relates to the process approach for an ISO 14001:2015-based EMS.
- Explain the audit process including planning, conduct, reporting and follow-up phases.
- Prepare and plan to conduct an audit on an organization’s EMS.
- Systematically examine an EMS against the audit criteria ISO 14001 to determine conformity with planned arrangements and the effectiveness of the organization’s approaches to managing its environmental aspects and risk factors
- Conduct a formal document review against an organization’s environmental performance and be able to report on conformity against the standard.
- Undertake audit activities including gathering objective evidence.
- Write a report to senior management about the results of an audit with clear conclusions and findings statements.
Upon completion of all formal assessments, participants will receive the TPECS Exemplar Global – EM – Environmental Management Systems competency unit which is certified by Exemplar Global.
What standard is relevant to this course?
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
What accreditation or recognition does this course have?
This course is an Exemplar Global accredited, further details available in the achievement section.
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
As an accredited course, this course contains assessment requirements. The course contains the following assessment requirements. Passing score of the online knowledge check at the end of the online course. Completion of an Assessment activity workbook consisting of short answer questions and a series of offline activities designed to be completed as you progress through the online course. This will need to be submitted to SAI Global within 6 months of completion of the course for marking to obtain the units of competency.
What are the terms and conditions for this course?
You can find a copy of the terms and conditions as well as a copy of the Student Handbook for this course on our website via Training Forms. The student handbook is a comprehensive summary of student rights and obligations and SAI Global learning policies and practices.
How do I access my certificate?
You will be able to print off a certificate of completion for the online component at the end of the online course. If the course has a Statement or a Certificate of Attainment you will be emailed this as a pdf on successful completion of all course assessment requirements. This will take up to 28 days once attainment of the relevant units of competency is confirmed by the assessor.
What other courses are relevant to this course?
Other courses that may be of interest include:
- Online Lead Auditor Training ISO 19011:2018
- Online ISO 14001 Foundation,
- Implementing an Environmental Management System.
How do I apply for Exemplar Global recognition?
Once you have completed all the assessment requirements of this course for Exemplar Global, you can apply to Exemplar Global as a “provisional auditor”. For more information, please refer to Exemplar Global Certification.
How long does the course take to complete?
We estimate the average student will take approximately 10 hours to complete the online component and 10 hours for offline activities, you have 6 months to complete and submit the offline assessment and you have 1 year access to the LMS.
What are the IT requirements?
Students will need access to a computer with an internet connection. This course is compatible with tablets. Windows users should have access to Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Browsers that can be used include: IE10, IE11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
Who do I contact in case of any query regarding any of the courses?
For any course-related queries, please email customer support at email@example.com or phone 1-877-426-0714.
This course is designed for people who need to conduct audits of an EMS. Typically, this includes professionals such as:
- Individuals who want to obtain a formal qualification to add to their internal auditing experience
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party and second-party audits or have responsibilities for audit systems
- Individuals leading their companies to ISO 14001:2015 certification
- Business managers, environmental managers, engineers, and consultants
- Individuals who want to become a certified Environmental Management System auditor through their relevant personnel certification body such as Exemplar Global
SAI Global is an Exemplar Global certified TPECS provider. This course meets the knowledge examination requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) certification scheme. Attendees who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment for the following knowledge competency units:
- Exemplar Global – EM – Environmental Management Systems