Learn key elements to support the implementation of an information security management system aligned with the ISO/IEC 27001:2022 standard.
Participants who attend the course will be issued with a Statement of Attendance.
This 2 day advanced course provides an opportunity to learn the necessary skills to develop, implement and monitor an Information Security Management System within your organisation. Learn how to assess and protect your business against cyber security risks. Participants will learn how to evaluate their organisation’s information assets and implement a cost effective information security strategy that is compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2022 using guidance from its complementary Standards and how to benchmark security practice within their company against this Standard.
This two day comprehensive course covers the following topics:
- How to develop, implement and monitor an Information Security Management Systems within an organisation.
- How to assess and protect the organisation against risks.
- How to evaluate an organisation?s information assets and implement a cost-effective security strategy that is compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2022 using guidance from its complementary standards ISO/IEC 27002:2022 and ISO 31000:2018.
- How to benchmark security practice within an organisation against this standard.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the contents of an ISMS in the context of ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Identify how to define the scope of an ISMS for an organisation
- Document the information security objectives
- Understand the necessary steps to identify and manage information security risks
- Understand the link between risk and controls
- Select appropriate controls to reduce the risks and prepare an SOA
- Learn a methodology to design, implement, monitor and maintain an ISMS
- Gain an appreciation of ISMS implementation and operations issues.
A sound understanding of the ISO/IEC ISO 27001 Management Systems standard is required. If you require this knowledge we recommend attending our 1 day ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Foundation Course. Alternatively, you can combine these 2 courses and attend the 3 day Foundation and Implementing an ISMS ISO/IEC 27001:2022 course.
This 2 day advanced course provides an opportunity to learn the necessary skills to develop, implement and monitor an Information Security Management System within your organisation. Learn how to assess and protect your business against cyber security
What accreditation or recognition does this course have?
This course is non-accredited.
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
As a non-accredited course this course has no assessment requirements. The course contains a number of activities designed to reinforce the key skills and knowledge outcomes.
Which standard is relevant to this course?
What other courses are relevant to this course?
There are a range of other courses that are relevant to this course and standard. These include; ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Foundation, Auditing an Information Security Management System and Lead Auditor in Information Security Management Systems.
How do I access my certificate?
Your Statement of Attendance will be sent to you on completion of the course.
Who is the trainer for my course?
All of our trainers and assessors have extensive and current industry experience and qualifications and meet the national requirements for VET trainers.
What if I require assistance in completing this course? For example; Literacy, numeracy, physical, vision or hearing support
We are able to modify some course requirements – please contact customer support to discuss any concerns or support requirements you may have.
Who do I contact in case of any query regarding any of the courses?
For any course-related queries, please email customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-800-374-3818.
This course is designed for people who need to understand the requirements of implementing and operating a formal information security management system (ISMS) based on the ISO/IEC 27001:2022 standard. Anyone advising top management on the introduction of an ISMS would also find this course highly relevant
Suggested job roles and their teams include (but not limited to)
- Information security managers
- IT and Corporate security managers
- corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Information security consultants
Sorry, there are no Implementing an ISMS - ISO/IEC 27001:2022 public training courses scheduled at this time. View more courses here, or contact us.