By attending this course, attendees gain a thorough understanding of the critical business issues related to implementing an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS).
This two-day practical, hands-on course provides insights and up-to-date information on the emerging standards and business issues related to ISO 14001 and Environmental Management Systems.
Drawing on real-life examples, and an interactive case study that reinforces the concepts used in ISO 14001, attendees practice applying ISO 14001 requirements to implement a cohesive EMS. They also learn to build on existing systems–to create an effective EMS in their own organizations. A global perspective helps illustrate the potential business and economic impacts of ISO 14001 and EMS third-party certification.
- Understand what an EMS is and how it interacts with an organization
- Identify current statutory and regulatory requirements that are required to be understood, applied and maintained within the EMS
- Conduct an initial environmental review for their organization
- Use various methodologies to evaluate environmental risks and factors
- Develop environmental information and data analysis, reporting and recording processes appropriate for their organization
- Determine key milestones for implementation of an Environmental Management System including key resources required to implement and maintain an effective EMS environmental performance and evaluate methods of prevention
- Document an Environmental Management System that meets the requirements of ISO14001:2015
- Develop and maintain documented information required by ISO14001:2015 and the control of such information (i.e. Documents, data and records)
- Develop environmental objectives and actions required to achieve them
- Develop systems for monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of the EMS and environmental performance
- Report on the performance of the Environmental Management System
- People involved in planning and/or coordinating the implementation process for a system addressing environmental issues
- Personnel who have been assigned the task of establishing an EMS within an organization
- Decision-makers in the implementation process
- Those wanting more information from organizations that are undertaking the implementation process
Sorry, there are no Implementing an Environmental Management System public training courses scheduled at this time. View more courses here, or contact us.