By attending this course, attendees gain a thorough understanding of the critical business issues related to implementing an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS).
This two-day practical, hands-on course provides insights and up-to-date information on the emerging standards and business issues related to ISO 14001 and Environmental Management Systems.
Drawing on real-life examples, and an interactive case study that reinforces the concepts used in ISO 14001, attendees practice applying ISO 14001 requirements to implement a cohesive EMS. They also learn to build on existing systems–to create an effective EMS in their own organizations. A global perspective helps illustrate the potential business and economic impacts of ISO 14001 and EMS third-party certification.
- Understand what an EMS is and how it interacts with an organization
- Identify current statutory and regulatory requirements that are required to be understood, applied and maintained within the EMS
- Conduct an initial environmental review for their organization
- Use various methodologies to evaluate environmental risks and factors
- Develop environmental information and data analysis, reporting and recording processes appropriate for their organization
- Determine key milestones for implementation of an Environmental Management System including key resources required to implement and maintain an effective EMS environmental performance and evaluate methods of prevention
- Document an Environmental Management System that meets the requirements of ISO14001:2015
- Develop and maintain documented information required by ISO14001:2015 and the control of such information (i.e. Documents, data and records)
- Develop environmental objectives and actions required to achieve them
- Develop systems for monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of the EMS and environmental performance
- Report on the performance of the Environmental Management System
- People involved in planning and/or coordinating the implementation process for a system addressing environmental issues
- Personnel who have been assigned the task of establishing an EMS within an organization
- Decision-makers in the implementation process
- Those wanting more information from organizations that are undertaking the implementation process
Upcoming Courses<!=========list Template 2.0=========>
Sorry, there are no Implementing an Environmental Management System public training courses scheduled at this time. View more courses here, or contact us.