You will receive a 12 months license to the course.
Please note that this course does not need to be completed in one session.
Duration: 1.5 Hours (90 minutes)
This course, ‘Introduction to Food Safety’, will introduce you to some of the important principles of basic hygiene. These principles will enable you to understand the importance of food safety, and your role in ensuring food safety is maintained.
The course will also introduce some health and safety principles that need to be followed in a food and retail or manufacturing environment.
Details for accessing your course will be emailed to you upon confirmation of your registration (may take up to 48 hours from submission).
This course is aimed at learners who are planning to work in, or are working in a food retail or manufacturing environment.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Handle food safety
- Identify, control and report food safety hazards
- Comply with personal hygiene standards
- Store and handle food products hygienically
- Clean your work area and equipment effectively
- Monitor food safety
- This is an ideal course designed to provide the principles of food safety, the importance of being able to identify different food safety hazards and an introduction to the HACCP system
- It incorporates personal hygiene standards, the importance of storing and handling food hygienically and the fucntion of monitoring food safety
There are no entry requirements for this course, although we do advise the completion of other food safety courses such as Allergens and HACCP Validation and Verification for a more complete understanding of food safety in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of the course an online Certificate of Achievement can be printed.