The estimated time to complete this course is approximately 1.5 hours (90 minutes). You will receive a 12 months license to the course.
This course will help individuals and companies in the development of robust allergen management systems and procedures which adequately meet the requirements of the legislation, the certification standards and the allergenic consumer.
Details for accessing your course will be emailed to you upon confirmation of your registration (may take up to 48 hours from submission).
- Introduction to Allergens
- Unexpected Allergens in Food
- Allergen Control Plan
- Methods of Allergen Testing
- VITAL and allergen Labelling
This course does not have pre-requisite units for entry.
This course is designed for food industry personnel with responsibility for food safety and quality management.
The course is most relevant to persons who work in QA management, engineering, production and R&D management roles and whom are responsible for label development in food industries where allergen cross contact can be an issue.
- Describe the consequences of consuming food containing allergens
- Understand why proper allergen management of food products is crucial
- Describe the regulatory requirements for handling allergens in food products
- Understand the various considerations in handling food products containing allergens
- Develop an Allergen Control Plan and take related measures to manage allergens effectively
Upon successful completion of the course an online Certificate of Achievement can be printed.