SAI Global Assurance Learning is a certified training provider for the following Exemplar Global competency unit(s):
- Exemplar Global – QM – Quality Management Systems
This 2-day course provides attendees with a thorough insight into Quality Management System requirements based on the ISO 9001 Standard.
Online learning differs in many ways to traditional classroom learning. Some major points of difference include:
- Anytime, anywhere, any place – Learning is convenient and can be delivered on-demand, when and where it is needed, both on-site and off-site
- Time reduction – Learning can be delivered as ‘just in time’ training, reducing the period between the learning and application of the knowledge or skills
- Cost effective – Your organization does not need to pay for travel, accommodation and for your time out of the office
- No-risk environment – Online learning environment allows you to safely master skills before applying them in actual situations
- Flexible access – Allows you to access and review the lessons you need at times convenient to you. Content can be revisited as often as you desire within the 12 month period
- Motivation – Interactive lessons and media elements, such as video, animation and sound, will get you involved more quickly and keep you motivated to continue
- Self paced – You are able to complete the course at your own speed. The course is designed to help facilitate you through the content, however there is no face to face facilitator and activities are designed to be for self-interaction rather than with other participants
SAI Global Assurance Learning is an Exemplar Global certified training provider for the following Exemplar Global competency units: Exemplar Global – QM – Quality Management Systems
A strong working knowledge of and/or experience working with ISO 9001:2015 is desirable. Participants who are not already experienced auditors or who have not completed a recognized auditor training program (as defined by ISO 19011) may take longer to complete the offline activities required for assessment.
This course is ideal for current internal auditors, lead auditors, consultants and those who hold an auditor qualification and are wishing to expand their scope of expertise across multiple management systems, or those involved with auditing integrated systems.
Typically professionals such as:
- Individuals who want to obtain a formal qualification to add to their internal auditing experience.
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party and second-party audits.
- Individuals Leading their companies to ISO 9001 certification
- Business Managers, Quality Managers, Engineers and Consultants
- Individuals who want to become a Certified Quality Management Systems Auditor through their relevant certifying body such as Exemplar Global.
This course covers the following modules:
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Quality Management Systems
This module will introduce you to quality, quality management systems and the key concepts that underpin quality management standards.
Module 3: Auditing Quality Management Systems
This module will provide you with an overview of the audit process and related concepts. It will also introduce you to factors that are specific to quality management system audits, including the development of appropriate objectives and use of relevant criteria.
Module 4: Auditing a Quality Management System – Plan
This module will take you through an audit of a quality management system against the ISO 9001 standard, based on the PDCA cycle step of “Plan”.
Module 5: Auditing a Quality Management System – Do
This module will take you through the ‘Do’ stages of the PDCA cycle.
Module 6: Auditing a Quality Management System – Check
This module will take you through the audit stage of ‘Check’ in the PDCA cycle.
Module 7: Auditing a Quality Management System – Act
The fourth stage of the audit process that will take you through the ‘Act’ stage based on the PDCA cycle.
Module 8: Creating an Audit Report
This module brings the audit information together into the form of an audit report
Module 9: Course Summary
Summarises the course and outlines details on your assessment activity completion.
An online knowledge check to review the course and provide an opportunity to consolidate learning.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of a Quality Management System.
- Explain the purpose of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
- Understand and carry out an audit following the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) approach
- Undertake an audit of a Quality Management System against the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
This course aims to provide the skills and knowledge required to conduct an audit of a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001:2015 and report on the effective implementation and maintenance of the management system in accordance with ISO 19011:2018.
On successful completion of the course and its associated assessment tasks, you will be awarded the Exemplar Global QM – Quality Management Systems unit of competency which will allow you to be registered with Exemplar Global as a provisional auditor. International accreditation with Exemplar Global means permanent, portable qualifications for life that can improve learner’s employability. This is a self-paced and scalable alternative to the two-day instructor-led training course. Completing the course online allows you to study at your own pace in a flexible way at a time and place that is most convenient to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What certification or recognition does this course have?
This course is certified and leads to the units of competency as outlined in the Achievement section.
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
As a certified course, this course contains assessment requirements. The course contains the following assessment requirements. Passing score of the online knowledge check at the end of the online course. Completion of an Assessment activity workbook consisting of short answer questions and a series of offline activities designed to be completed as you progress through the online course. This will need to be submitted to SAI Global within 6 months of completion of the course for marking to obtain the units of competency.
How do I access my certificate?
You will be able to print off a certificate of completion for the online component at the end of the online course. If the course has a Statement or a Certificate of Attainment you will be emailed this as a pdf on successful completion of all course assessment requirements. This will take up to 28 days once attainment of the relevant units of competency is confirmed by the assessor.
What standard is relevant to this course?
What other courses are relevant to this course?
Other courses that may be of interest in the QMS pathway include: Implementing a Quality Management System, Lead Auditor Training and Internal Auditor Training all of these courses are available as online and in class courses. If you are looking to up skill across other management systems we offer equivalent online courses across the WHS and Environment Pathways.
How long does the course take to complete?
We estimate the average student will take approximately 10 hours online to complete the course excluding the offline workbook assessment activities that need to be completed.
What are the IT requirements?
Students will need access to a computer with an internet connection. This course is compatible with tablets. Windows users should have access to Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Browsers that can be used include: IE10, IE11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
How long will students have access to the course? You will have access to the online course for 12 months from purchase. If you have not completed the course within the 12 month period please contact us.
Who do I contact in case of any query regarding any of the courses?
For any course-related queries, please email customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.