Become familiar with the requirements of the ISO 31000:2018 Standard
This course is designed to equip management system professionals with the knowledge, skills and awareness to apply a risk management process to their area or functional responsibilities.
Updated for ISO 31000:2018
This course covers the following topics:
- Course Introduction and Overview
- Risk Management Fundamentals
- Risk Management Framework
- The Risk Management Process
- Risk Management Future Trends
On Successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the purpose and structure of the Risk Management Standard ISO 31000:2018
- Define the terms, definitions and principles of effective risk management
- Apply a risk management process to identify, analyse, evaluate, treat and monitor risks
- Recognise emerging business trends that will influence the value and importance of managing risks proactively in the future
Regardless of your organisation’s size or industry, understanding risk and how to manage risk is everyone’s responsibility and will ultimately help you and your organisation achieve your core strategic objectives.
This online course introduces you to the fundamental knowledge and skills required to manage risks within your area of responsibility.
This course is a non-accredited course. Upon completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Achievement that will be available to be printed from the Learning Management System.
This course is appropriate for any organisation regardless of its size, activity or sector.
This course is ideal for:
- Those with little or no understanding of risk management wanting to understand what risk management is and how to begin the process using AS/NZS ISO 31000:2018
- Managers who are required to train others to assist with the risk management system
- Operational personnel who are required to implement risk management for their area of responsibility – preferable to implement risk management practices and techniques that are able to be incorporated into an enterprise – wide framework
There are no pre-requisites for entry to this course.
What accreditation or recognition does this course have?
This course is non-accredited.
Does this course have any assessment requirements?
As a non-accredited course this course has no assessment requirements. The course contains a number of activities designed for
practical application to reinforce the key skills and knowledge outcomes and an end of course online Quiz.
What standards are relevant to this course?
What other courses are relevant to this course?
There are a range of other courses that are relevant to this course and standard. These include: ISO 9001 Foundation,
ISO 14001 Foundation and Internal Auditor training, each of these are available in an online format as well as public,
classroom-based training and as in-house training.
- ISO 9001:2015 Foundation –
- ISO 14001:2015 Foundation –
- Internal Auditor training –
How do I access my certificate?
Your Statement of Attendance can be printed from the Learning Management System
on on completion of the course.
What if I require assistance in completing this course?
For example: Literacy, numeracy, physical, vision or hearing support.
Please contact customer support to discuss any concerns or support requirements you
Who do I contact in case of any query regarding any of the courses?
For any course-related queries, please email customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 727 444.
What are the IT requirements?
Students will need access to a computer with an internet connection. This course is compatible with tablets. Windows users should have access to Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Browsers that can be used include; IE10, IE11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
How long will students have access for the course?
You will have access to the course for 12 months from purchase. If you have not completed the course within the 12 month period please contact us to arrange a three
month extension of course access.