The estimated time to complete this course is approximately 3 hours. You will receive a 12 months licence to the course.
- This course will enable you to gain a thorough understanding of the principles required to establish the shelf life of packaged food products.
- Details for accessing your course will be emailed to you upon confirmation of your registration (may take up to 48 hours from submission).
This course covers the following topics:
- Threats to Food Quality
- Regulatory aspects
- Gauging shelf life for Food Quality
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the need for proper shelf life determination
- Understand the relevant regulatory framework addressing shelf life
- Understand the factors that may influence or affect determination of shelf life
- Explain testing methodologies used to validate and verify shelf life estimates
There are no entry requirements for this course, although we do advise the completion of other food safety courses such as Allergen Management for a more complete understanding of food safety in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of the course an online Certificate of Achievement can be printed.
This course is designed for food industry personnel with responsibility for food quality management. It is most relevant to individuals who are responsible for estimating and validating the shelf life of food products.