Learn about the 8 Discipline approach to Root Cause Analysis.
You will receive a 12 months licence to the course.
Duration: 1 Hour
The 8D problem solving process is a detailed, team oriented approach to solving critical problems. The goals of this method are to find the root cause of a problem, develop containment actions to protect customers and take corrective action to prevent similar problems in the future.
This course is designed for a range of personnel involved in management systems teams, QA management and those personnel responsible for incident investigation and audits.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the basics of the Root Cause Analysis process
- Explain the benefits of identifying and treating the underlying causes of problems
- Describe the process steps to analyse and investigate the root cause
- Explain the tools used to conduct the Root Cause Analysis
- Describe the process to create and implement corrective and preventive action plans for identified root causes
- Identify the appropriate practices for monitoring, verifying and recording of corrective actions
This course covers the following topics:
- The essentials of Root Cause Analysis and its process.
- The course follows the 8D problem solving process focused on a team oriented approach to solving critical problems
- How to investigate the root cause and the two basic tools used to conduct a Root Cause Analysis.
- Different ways of implementing corrective and preventive measures for the identified root cause of the problem. It also covers the practices for monitoring, verification and record keeping.
There are no entry requirements for this course, although for food industry personnel this course is best completed with the other online food safety course; HACCP Refresher for a more complete understanding of Food Safety in the workplace.
Upon successful completion of a short quiz, participants can print their own Certificate of Achievement.