The estimated time to complete this course is approximately 3 hours. You will receive a 12 months license to the course.
This course is based on ISO 45001:2018 Requirements.
This online foundation course is intended for those with an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, occupational health and safety (OH&S) management and who require an introduction to the ISO 45001:2018 standard for OHSMS.
The course will equip participants with a basic understanding of the development and application of OH&S management techniques and how the ISO 45001:2018 standard requirements should be interpreted.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 45001:2018 and its relationship with Annex SL structure
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 in the context of an effective OHSMS
This course is ideal if you:
- Want to increase your knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
- Are new to an OH&S management role
- Want to refresh your existing knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
- Need to implement the requirements of ISO 45001:2018
- Need to participate in the maintenance of the organization’s OHSMS
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- State the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
- State the structure, content and the intent of ISO 45001:2018
- Be familiar with the terms and definitions used in the ISO 45001:2018 Standard and be familiar with the concept of a process approach
- Explain the specific requirements of the ISO 45001:2018 Standard
- Describe how the OHSMS system elements link to achieve effective OH&S performance
This course covers the following topics:
- OHSMS based on ISO45001:2018 including ‘Process approach’
- ISO45001:2018 requirements including context; worker needs interests and participation and interested parties; scope and objectives of OHSMS; OHS Policy and Planning; Risks and opportunities to the OHSMS; Provision of resources and support; Hazard identification and elimination and controls; operation; performance evaluation and improvement
Upon successful completion of the course an online Certificate of Achievement can be printed.