The estimated time to complete this course is approximately 3 hours. You will receive a 12 months license to the course.
This course is based on ISO 45001:2018 Requirements.
This online foundation course is intended for those with an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, occupational health and safety (OH&S) management and who require an introduction to the ISO 45001:2018 standard for OHSMS.
The course will equip participants with a basic understanding of the development and application of OH&S management techniques and how the ISO 45001:2018 standard requirements should be interpreted.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 45001:2018 and its relationship with Annex SL structure
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 in the context of an effective OHSMS
This course is ideal if you:
- Want to increase your knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
- Are new to an OH&S management role
- Want to refresh your existing knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
- Need to implement the requirements of ISO 45001:2018
- Need to participate in the maintenance of the organization’s OHSMS
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- State the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
- State the structure, content and the intent of ISO 45001:2018
- Be familiar with the terms and definitions used in the ISO 45001:2018 Standard and be familiar with the concept of a process approach
- Explain the specific requirements of the ISO 45001:2018 Standard
- Describe how the OHSMS system elements link to achieve effective OH&S performance
This course covers the following topics:
- OHSMS based on ISO45001:2018 including ‘Process approach’
- ISO45001:2018 requirements including context; worker needs interests and participation and interested parties; scope and objectives of OHSMS; OHS Policy and Planning; Risks and opportunities to the OHSMS; Provision of resources and support; Hazard identification and elimination and controls; operation; performance evaluation and improvement
Upon successful completion of the course an online Certificate of Achievement can be printed.
This course will enable you to understand the new international safety standard ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS and how you can use utilize the new standard to understand, manage and maintain internal and external Health and Safety Management duties and performance.