The estimated time to complete this course is approximately 2.5-3.0 hours. You will receive a 12 months license to the course.
Please note that this course does not need to be completed in one session.
To introduce the principles of Environment and supporting practices.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
The target group are those responsible for understanding, managing and maintaining internal and external Environmental Management Performance Obligations and evaluating an organization’s arrangements against their commitments.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an EMS as well as the benefits to an organization
- Have an understanding of terminology used in environmental management
- Understand community perceptions in relation to environmental issues
- Have a basic understanding of local, regional and global and environmental issues
- Have a basic understanding of current environmental regulatory and legislative requirements
- Understand and interpret the framework of ISO14001 and understand its application
- Determine the potential benefits and costs of implementing an environmental management system
- Understand the organizational context and Environmental Scope
- Understand Environmental commitment, leadership and policy
- Identify environmental aspects of an organization and to assess their environmental impacts
- Identify factors that will enable the significance of environmental impacts to be determined
- Understand risk assessment tools and techniques to identify, assess and control significant impacts
- Select performance indicators for Environmental Performance
- Assess, analyse and evaluate environmental performance data
- Communicate Environmental Performance results internal and externally
- Implement actions to improve overall Environmental Performance
- Ensure Continual Improvement is demonstrated with Environmental Performance
- Define the scope and structure of an EMS in context with the organizational context with environmental factors
- Explain the purpose of an environmental management system and the requirements and business benefits of enhanced environmental performance
- Outline the core elements and clauses of ISO 14001:2015 and how these interact with the overall EMS
Upon successful completion of the course an online Certificate of Achievement can be printed.