Understand and comply with the requirements of the FSMA Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP).
- Retailers who import products
- Manufacturers who import ingredients and food-contact packaging materials
- Third Party Auditors
- Preventative Control Qualified Individual’s (PCQI) if assisting an FSVP Importer
Attendance at any of the following training dependent on your import needs is strongly recommended:
- Preventive Controls for Human Foods training
- Preventive Controls for Animal Foods training
- Produce Food Safety guidelines
This 2 day training was developed with funding from FDA as a part of FSPCA, is designed to provide you with the information needed when you are involved in importing either food ingredients, and/or food contact packaging and/or retail food products as to their food safety.
This training covers your responsibilities as a “qualified individual” if you are an FSVP importer and how this relates to the foreign suppliers and how it is different to the custom requirements for importing food products, packaging materials and ingredients.
Learn the difference between:
- Importer of Record
- FSVP Importer
- Relationship of FSMA and FSVP
- Building the Foundation for the FSVP Process
- Overview of the Requirements
- Hazard Analysis and FSVP Importer’s responsibilities for the Supplier’s Hazard Analysis
- Evaluation and Approval of the Foreign Suppliers
- Foreign Supplier Verification
- Re-evaluation of Foreign Suppliers
- Importer Identification
- Importance of Records
- FDA Oversight
A certificate of completion will be issued by the International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI) of FSPCA, the cost of this certificate is included in the course fee.