This one-day foundation course is intended for those with an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, occupational health and safety management and who require an introduction to the ISO 45001:2018 standard and to understand how it can be used to develop and improve occupational health and safety management systems.
On completion of the course delegates would be expected to be able to:
- Understand the purpose, business and societal benefits of an occupational health and safety management system.
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 45001 and its relationship with Annex SL structure.
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 45001 in the context of an effective OHS management system.
This course is ideal for managers, supervisors, health and safety representatives and health and safety committee members and those with occupational health and safety management responsibilities or anyone wishing to understand the impact and relevance of ISO 45001:2018 to their organizations.
This course covers the following topics:
“Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) – introduction and key OHS concepts”
- OHSMS based on ISO45001:2018 including ‘Process approach’.
- ISO45001:2018 requirements including context; worker needs interests and participation and interested parties; scope and objectives of OHSMS; OHS Policy and Planning; Risks and opportunities to the OHSMS; Provision of resources and support; Hazard identification and elimination and controls; operation; performance evaluation and improvement.
- There is no certification for this course. This course provides foundation knowledge for the ISO 45001:2018 Health and Safety (OHS/OSH) learning pathway.
- A Statement of Attendance will be issued to participants that successfully complete the course.
This course will enable you to understand the new international safety standard ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Participants are not expected to have any prior knowledge. However it is assumed that participants have an understanding of Annex SL.
Sorry, there are no ISO 45001:2018 Foundation public training courses scheduled at this time. View more courses here, or contact us.