This is an Exemplar Global Certified Course
Learn how to perform effective Internal Audits of your organization’s Quality Management System against the revised Automotive Industry Quality Standard IATF 16949:2016.
This highly participative course is presented by SAI Global Assurance Learning’s instructors with decades of experience in the automotive industry.
This course is based on ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 Requirements.
This three (3) day course will benefit experienced auditors looking to upgrade their audit skills and become familiar with the requirements of both ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016. Those individuals new to auditing will also gain the knowledge to conduct audits to the Automotive Industry requirements. Attendees of this course will learn to audit to the requirements of the standards using the automotive process approach.
The course utilizes a variety of teaching methods including interactive workshops, simulated audits situations, tutorials and case studies. These methods facilitate the development of the necessary skills to conduct an effective internal audit including
- Develop practical audit skills to facilitate value-added audits
- Enhance evaluation and communication skills necessary to conduct effective audits,
- Refine reporting skills to document value-added audit findings, and
- Validate corrective actions for effectiveness
This course utilizes the newly revised IATF16949:2016 as the reference standard for Automotive Quality Management Systems. By attending this course, participants will gain an understanding how to audit using the automotive process approach, as well as the ability to audit the customer-specific requirements defined by the OEM’s. This course requires active participation by the attendees and includes a continuous assessment of attendee understanding of the course content. At the end of the course, each participant will be asked to complete a written examination. This examination will be used to determine if participants have met the knowledge requirements for this course.
Special Note: This course meets all OEM Customer-Specific requirements for Internal Auditor Training. The principles learned during this course can also be readily applied to auditors responsible for conducting second party (supplier) audits.
- Quality professionals
- Current internal auditors
- Automotive supply chain auditors
- Line managers / Process owners
- Individuals responsible for helping their company transition from ISO/TS 16949:2009 to an IATF 16949:2016 based quality management system
- Management personnel seeking to get more value out of their internal audit system
- Review of IATF 16949:2016 Quality Management System criteria
- Discussion of the automotive process approach and it relevance to customer satisfaction and business performance
- Relationship of the core quality tools (FMEA, PPAP, MSA, APQP, SPC) to IATF 16949:2016 and how the core quality tools are evaluated as part of Internal Audits
- Coordinating an effective process-based audit program
- Prioritizing audit frequency based on risk
- Developing effective process-based auditing techniques
- Development of process-based auditor working documents (i.e. checklists)
- Practicing process-based auditing skills using interactive workshops
- Evaluating the significance of audit findings and their impact on business performance and customer satisfaction
- Development of communication skills and techniques necessary for the presentation of audit findings
- Writing value-added nonconformity statements
- Developing, implementing and verifying of corrective actions
- Auditing continual improvement programs and business objectives
- This course has been completely revised to meet the requirements for Internal Auditors of Automotive Quality Management Systems defined in IATF 16949:2016. The standard contains significantly enhanced requirements from the earlier version of automotive quality standard ISO/TS 16949:2009. In addition, many new requirements, including common customer-specific requirements have been included in the IATF 16949 standard itself. Internal Auditors are required to fully understand these requirements and their implications to their organizations.
- Organizations that are currently registered to ISO/TS 16949:2009 must complete their transition to IATF 16949:2016 by September 2018 or they run the risk of having their registration lapse which could have implications on their ability to continue as an approved supplier to the OEM’s.
- This new revision has expanded the requirement for suppliers to automotive industry to become registered to IATF 16949:2016 rather than simply demonstrate conformance as in the past. These requirements pertain to any organization that performs design and development, production and when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products.
- Audits of suppliers is a new requirement of IATF 16949:2016. The audit methods and principles learned in this course are directly applicable to supplier auditing. Specific situations where supplier auditing may differ from internal audits will also be discussed during the course.
The following prior knowledge is strongly recommended for all attendees:
- Basic knowledge of the concepts of quality management, process management as utilized in the automotive industry, continual performance improvement, customer satisfaction and sustainable business success.
- Understanding of quality management terms and definitions employed in the ISO 9000 series of standards.
- It is highly recommended attendees have an understanding of ISO/TS 16949:2009 prior to attending the course.
Course Duration: 3 Days from 8 am to 5 pm Pacific TimeFind out more »
Course Duration: 3 Days from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern TimeFind out more »